- Express Heavy
'Express - Heavy' service is the solution for Fast & safe delivery of large & heavy shipments to its final destinations.
This service is provided by Korean Air's extensive global network, and Korean Air guarantees the loading of shipments in first available flight regardless of its size and weight.
- Reservation Priority
- Guarantees the reservation on the first available flight or the flight of the customers’ choice.
- Narrow body flights are exempt from the first available flight options.
- Guaranteed Loading
- Shipment will be loaded on the scheduled flight without fail
- Space is guaranteed for shipments of up to 500 kg on a passenger flight, and 1,000 kg on a freighter.
- Minimum Ground time
- Cutoff time for acceptance : 180min prior to flight departure.
- Ready for delivery : 180min after flight arrival.
- Cargo acceptance & delivery time may vary according to the conditions of each stations. It is also subject to change under laws or regulations of the origin/destination. For more information, please contact the local Korean Air Office.
- Money Back Guarantee(MBG)
- Up to 100% of the freight charge will be refunded, in case of offload of mis-connection from the reserved (or designated) flight schedule.
- Refer to Money Back Guarantee for more information.
- Quick & Reliable Service
- A dedicated service counter is operated for the acceptance of Equation-Heavy cargo.
- Separate operation procedures are set up for the document & cargo handling.
- Real-time online tracing by each MAWB is available throughout the transportation process.
- 'Express Heavy’ service cannot be provided for shipments that include
- Live animals
- Human remains
- Collect-charged shipments
- Dangerous Goods.
- Ground Time is Substantially Reduced
- Cutoff time for acceptance: 180min prior to departure.
- Ready for delivery: 180min after arrival.
- The above information is based on normal working hours of Korean Air stations. Actual time applications may differ from station to station.
For further information, please contact Korean Air Cargo Branch Offices. Subject to change under laws or regulations of the origin or destination.
Money Back Guarantee
- Up to 100% of the freight charge will be refunded, in case of offload or mis-connection from the reserved or designated flight schedule. (50% of the freight charge will be refunded, in case of offload or mis-connection from the reserved or designated fight schedule. And 100% of the freight charge will be refunded, in case of offload or mis-connection from the reserved or designated flight schedule more than 2 times).
- The total refund amount shall not exceed USD 5,000 or equivalent in local currency.
- A refund will be made based on the actual airfreight the customer has paid and does not include other incidental charges.
- In case a delay occurs due to partial shipments, MBG rules will apply only to the delayed portion of shipments based on weights specified on the packing list made by Shipper. However, the same rules shall not apply to partial shipments agreed on by Customer.
- Compensation for loss or breakage of goods shall be made in accordance with 'General Conditions of Carriage for International Cargo', and MBG shall not apply.
Exceptions : MBG shall not apply in case of delays due to the following causes
- Delay due to reasons beyond the control of Carrier (or relevant parties) including force majeure, natural, disaster, war, riot, commotion, strike, Air Traffic Control, safety related procedures, aircraft abnormalities and severe weather conditions.
- Delay due to the change of flight schedule for commercial reasons is subject to MBG.
- When shipment is not loaded on a confirmed flight in the following cases
- The shipment exceeds the prescribed weight (may not exceed 32 kg per piece & 100 kg per MAWB).
- The shipment exceeds the booked weight by more than 20%.
- The shipment does not match the items listed on the AWB.
- The delay is due to security check or customs-related issues.
- After consulting with the shipper in advance, regarding the change or cancellation of the flight schedule, change of flight or conversion of the urgent shipment to ‘general cargo’.
- The delay is due to the shipper’s (or his/her designee’s) responsibility, including incorrect information, mistakes or errors.
Money Back Guarantee (MBG) Claim Procedures
- In order to be eligible for MBG, claims should be made in the form of letter, e-mail or fax within 21 days of the scheduled delivery date of shipment.
- Claims for MBG should be made with the operating carrier at origin, transit or destination; reimbursement will be made to the payer of airfreight.
- Applications for MBG claims made by shipper or consignee on AWB or duly authorized designee shall be accepted as valid.
When filing MBG claims, be sure to enclose necessary documentation as follows:
- Application, written and sealed, containing the name and address of applicant (in letter, fax, or e-mail form)
- Packing List (in case of partial shipments)
- Letter of Attorney or proper proof of delegation (in case a designee registers the claim)
- MBG rules are subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
- 'General Conditions of Carriage for International Cargo' shall apply to all other matters not listed above.
For more information, please contact Korean Air local office.