Specialized - LIVE
'Specialized-LIVE' guarantees the optimal transportation of live animals while taking safety, comfort and hygiene into account. Temperature controls and ventilation systems are available on aircrafts. In addition to regularly scheduled flights, charter flights are also available upon request.
Type of product
- AV1 : ALL OTHER AVI
- AV2 : HORSES, LARGE ANIMALS (CATTLE, SHEEP, PIG, GOAT)
* RATE PER POSITION EXCLUDING O/C
- AV3 : BABY POULTRY, HATCHING EGGS,ORNAMENTAL FISH (INCL CORAL)
Facilities & Equipment
- Korean Air complies with the IATA Live Animals Regulations throughout the whole shipment process.
- Special ULDs, each suitable for the carriage of a diverse range of live animals are available for use.
- Other facilities and equipment will be provided to the customers’ request (Subject to change due to the circumstances at the local station).
- Attendants are permitted to board the flights when necessary.
- Optimum Temperature for Transporting Live Animals
Region Acceptable Temp Range Min Temp(Danger) Max Temp (Danger) Min Ventilation Rate COW 40-80°F 35°F 90°F 50CFM/1000LB BODY WT CALVES 50-75°F 45°F 85°F 10CFM/1000LB BODY WT HORSES 40-80°F 35°F 90°F 50CFM/1000LB BODY WT SHEEP 50-75°F 45°F 85°F 100CFM/1000LB BODY WT CAT&DOGS 70-75°F 45°F 95°F - PIGS (Over 15LB) 50-75°F 45°F 85°F 15CFM/ANIMAL BABY CHICKS 50-80°F 50°F 85°F 0.75CFM/BIRD, 2CFM/100BIRDS SMALL BIRDS 70-75°F 65°F 85°F -
Download & Reference Links
Please contact the closest Korean Air Office or an agent of your choice for further info.